We are looking for a professional individual to join our highly motivated A(d)venger team as a Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m). Our Java and Kotlin based backend micro services within advertising are the heart of Germany's top sustainable classifieds platform which is the main driver for revenue. Take this opportunity to shape and improve the advertising experience of millions of users. Be part of a team, which is fully responsible for running scalable services by applying state-of-the-art engineering practices. Be focused while playing with tons of real time data, extending our in-house tools with innovative features to conduct hundreds of A/B tests a year and connecting external advertising partner APIs. Would you like to be part of innovation? It's your turn!
Develop, release, monitor services in production.
Work together with Product, Yield, Analytics and Design experts to develop the future of ebay Kleinanzeigen.
Build and design applications for scale, which handle thousands of requests per second.
Ensure quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems.
Drive your own ideas for code and process improvements.
We expect to see:
You have a passion for writing clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
At least 3 years of programming experience in Java/Kotlin and the Spring Framework
Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
Believer in cross-functional collaboration and a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
It would be a plus to see:
Good know-how in design patterns and object-oriented design
Experience with cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud
Showing interest in client-side libraries and internal user interfaces
Ability to mentor others in a field of expertise
Experience within advertising domain is a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 28 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave