We are looking for an Android developer. On the Android application, nearly 2 million users interact with the pages you will be working on every day. As for the search engine, it must handle almost 20,000 requests per second during peak hours. Impressive, isn't it?
As part of an agile multidisciplinary team consisting of Frontend, iOS, Backend, and Data developers, and under the supervision of an Engineering Manager in direct collaboration with the Product Owner, you will be involved in the entire feature development process, focusing on the Android part.
You will be involved in the entire development chain through the following missions:
Collaborating daily with individuals with diverse skills (Product Owner, UI/UX designers, frontend, backend, iOS, and Data developers).
Assessing the technical feasibility of features and estimating their implementation.
Developing new features and user journeys in accordance with quality, resilience, performance, and scalability guidelines.
Optimizing existing features.
Ensuring the quality and robustness of the app through various tests: unit, integration, automated, functional, etc.
Maintaining and enriching technical documentation.
Being technically autonomous as you will be the sole Android developer on the team.
Beyond your regular missions and in collaboration with other feature teams, you will have the opportunity to:
Participate in Android Guild events: workshops to share and reflect on technical issues.
Engage in technology watch and take initiatives to improve the product.
Contribute to improving environments, development methods, and testing (unit and integration).
Develop an application with unique visibility in France.
Join an innovative company where you can propose and implement your ideas.
You have at least 5 years of experience in this type of position.
Proficiency in Java and Kotlin.
Familiarity with MVP & MVVM design patterns.
Knowledge of Compose, Retrofit, ViewModel, RxJava, and Dagger libraries is necessary.
Understanding of Clean Architecture.
Experience with universal applications and Material Design.
Familiarity with push notifications and web service calls (REST, JSON).
Proficiency in Git, Android Studio, and Play Store.
You know / enjoy:
Working in a team within an agile organization that prioritizes knowledge sharing and mutual assistance.
Delivering work focused on customer satisfaction (results and quality).
Discovering and learning new things (technical and business curiosity).
Being proactive in decisions and app improvements (Tech, Product, UX).
Working in a good atmosphere :-)
Still not convinced?
By joining us, you will:
Become part of a close-knit team where everyone trusts each other.
Work on an application with unique visibility in France.
Work in excellent premises in the heart of Paris (10th arrondissement)!
A phone interview with Kader (HR).
A technical test to be completed at home.
A technical interview with two members of the Android guild.
An interview with Thomas (Engineering Manager) and another team member.
An interview with Julien (Senior Engineering Manager) and Priscilla (HR).
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- EN: Lunch tickets, 25 days holiday + 10/12 extra paid holidays called RTT, Summer bonus (=1% of base salary, paid in July); FR: Une carte titres-resto, 25 jours de vacances + 10/12 RTT, Prime vacance (=1% du salaire de base, versée en juillet)