We are looking for our new Legal Counsel - Regulatory & Competition
Reporting directly to the global Head of Legal - Regulatory & Competition, you will join the Adevinta Legal team.
Based in Paris, you will :
- Form part of the Legal Regulatory & Competition team, a specialised global team within the wider Adevinta Group Legal team focussing on questions of Regulatory Compliance and Competition Law.
- Be responsible for monitoring the regulatory landscape with a specific focus on the digital sector and ensuring legal compliance of our products in collaboration with the local French legal team and the Public Affairs team;
- Work closely with internal business stakeholders such as our Product and Technology teams and members of the wider Legal team, providing legal guidance on new and upcoming legislation to facilitate legal compliance work.
- Work closely with Adevinta’s Public Affairs team on the following tasks:
- Monitoring and analysing the legislative landscape and processes with a specific focus on the digital industry in France and our EU core markets (France, Germany, Benelux, Spain and Italy);
- Supporting with legal analyses of upcoming legislation and policy drafts during the legislative process;
- Ensuring consistency between legal compliance questions and our public positions;
- Collaborate effectively and work cross-functionally with other legal functions within the wider Adevinta Legal team.
- Be responsible for compliance with EU and national competition law, act as a contact point for competition law authorities and manage competition law cases across the Adevinta group.
You are in the right place if you:
- Are interested to join a specialised legal function within the wider Adevinta Legal team and to work in a highly international environment.
- Have 3-5 years experience in a law firm specialising in Regulatory and Competition Law or comparable in-house positions ideally in the digital sector.
- Bring strong technical legal skills and experience in advising on legal and regulatory aspects.
- Ideally have first experience in EU competition law.
- Have strong communication skills and ability to work successfully in a matrixed organisation in a fast moving environment.
- Have strong commercial acumen and balanced approach to legal-commercial risk-taking.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills in English and French; other languages (Spanish, Italian or German) are a plus.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- EN: Lunch tickets, 25 days holiday + 10/12 extra paid holidays called RTT, Summer bonus (=1% of base salary, paid in July); FR: Une carte titres-resto, 25 jours de vacances + 10/12 RTT, Prime vacance (=1% du salaire de base, versée en juillet)