This is a broad role which would best suit someone who is keen to join a dynamic, professional, and innovative Legal team where team spirit is key and working together is fun. You will support Marktplaats and 2dehands at an exciting time as we reshape our businesses to be set up for our ongoing success in the future.
Amongst other responsibilities you will:
Liaise with the business teams and act as their legal advisor – supporting them in all legal matters, keeping an eye on business strategy
Draft, understand, negotiate and close a wide range of commercial agreements
Independently coordinate with local and global functional teams, including Privacy, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, Tax etc.
Carry out product reviews in close collaboration with the product and tech teams, driving the business forward while connecting the dots and protecting the company
Develop strategies together with the central teams to ensure continuous awareness of regulatory topics within the company and help teams to navigate the Digital Law landscape
Be responsible for the company's compliance matters
Manage external lawyers where specialist advice or additional capacity is required
We are looking for an energetic team player with:
5 - 7 years work experience as Dutch qualified lawyer in a top tier law firm and/or as inhouse
proven experience in e-commerce law, IT, IP and/or privacy, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts
excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate closely with people across the (global) business
a practical focus, resolution skills and the confidence to advise in real time and to communicate clearly
the ability to find the right balance between business/commercial and legal interests
demonstrated proactivity and aptness at prioritising tasks
the ability to work with little supervision in a fast-pacing environment and you will be flexible with the scope and variety of projects to be undertaken
a sense for business process excellence and its continuous improvement
fluent in Dutch and English (written and oral)
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave