For our team we are searching for a Data Engineer within our dealer and seller area. We equip car dealers with insights, advices and tools to stand out from the crowd and sell their vehicles faster.
Within the dealer and seller area you will join a cross functional development team. As data engineer you will be responsible for:
Create code to extract, transform and load (ETL) data on online campaigns for reporting and billing purposes
Build and extend backend code of micro services
Work based on agile software engineering principles with frequent deployments, test automation and early feedback loops
Collaborate with other teams within mobile.de and ad tech partners around advertisement data processing topics
Come up with ideas on business initiatives as part of the quarterly objective and key result (OKR) process
Take initiative to continuously improve our data pipelines, reporting and processes within the team
You feel at home creating high-throughput data related architectures using technologies like Spark, Hadoop or Kafka
You worked with with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra) and SQL databases
Multiple years of experience in writing Scala code - Python or Java would also be beneficial
You are keen to also build microservices or distributed systems in a web technology environment using Scala / Akka
You enjoy applying agile software engineering principles like working in iterations, using test automation and writing clean code
Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus
You know your way around Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for data processing or worked with Databricks Delta
Theoretical knowledge or previous touch points with machine learning algorithms and libraries
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 28 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave